Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2017

Collision by Leaona Luxx


Title: Collision
Series: The Highway 17 Series #3
Author: Leaona Luxx
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Release Date: November 16, 2017
Cover Design by AWT Design-Emma Rider



COLLISION- an instance of one moving object or person striking against another.
Control.

I lost it once, and I damn near lost myself.
When she crashes in, breaking down walls and loving me, my resolve is endangered.
Falling in love with Reese was never the plan. Living without her isn't an option.
If I lose control, it will change our course forever.

Can we survive when our worlds collide and the damage is inconceivable?
Buckle up, this is gonna hurt.








“Dammit, can’t you understand? I’m the storm,” I snarl into her hair.

She turns in my arms, worrying her bottom lip. She looks at me, her eyes teeming with unshed tears. “You’re the beacon.”

Her words crash over me, like waves onto the shore. “No.” I fight taking her mouth again.

Reese traces my jaw with her hand. “Why am I not enough?”

My chest tightens, and I feel dizzy. She needs to stay away from me. I’m no good for her. I can’t even kiss her without losing control.

“No, Reese. I’m not.” I push her away and step around her.

She grabs my arm, making me hesitate from her pull. “What was this? Why are you acting this way?” I continue to walk away. “You can’t kiss me like that and walk away as if I don’t matter.”

I turn on her, spinning her against the wall as I pin her arms above her head. Slowly running my hand up her thigh, gripping it, I hitch her leg over my hip and grind into her. Her full breasts heave, making me hard in an instant.

I trail my lips over her jaw, and her nipples pebble in response. I groan from our closeness. I nip her ear, and she moans. I growl. “This. Reese? Is this what you want?” I grind my hips into her pelvis hard.

“Yes, Walker.” Her head lulls. She pushes her hips into mine, and my mouth waters.

“You don’t know what you’re asking for,” I grunt, thrusting into her.

She turns her face to me, her warm breath washing over me. “So, tell me.”

I brush her lips with mine just as reality crashes in. “You don’t even know me.” I release my hold on her, pausing while she gets her balance.

“Fine, tell me. Say something. Anything.” Tears brim her eyes as the inability to speak grips me. Reese leans her head against mine, wrapping her hands around my wrists. “Don’t leave.”

I wince, turning my head to the side. “I can’t.”

“Why, Walker?” she demands.

My breath quickens. She breaks me down inside. Trembling, I remove her hands, my mouth going dry. “You’re in love with someone else.” My muscles tighten, and my jaw sets in determination. “Besides, I’m the worst thing for you.”

I release her, walking away from her as fast as my feet will carry me. I throw the doors open with Reese on my heels. Candy stands at the entrance with another man, but I don’t care. I have to show Reese who I am.

“Walker. Stop, please,” Reese calls behinds me. I hurry past Riley and Ava with a shake of my head, but I’m brought up short when Thayer steps in my way.

“Walker, stay.”

Her words ring in my ears. Bile rises in my throat. “I can’t. Won’t.” I step around her, taking Candy by the hand. The smirk on her face tells me who she’s looking at. “Don’t you fucking dare, Candy,” I growl at her and help her out the door.












Collision

A playlist featuring Sia, Niall Horan, Miranda Lambert, and others



Leaona, also known as Lea, lives with her husband, cat and two dogs near Myrtle Beach. She was born and raised in WV by her parents whom she adores before attending Marshall University. A small business owner and mother of three, she enjoys Carolina Panthers and Marshall University Football, reading, writing, gardening, crafts, NASCAR, TWD, hot rods, and surf fishing.
Leaona was inspired to write while she raised her family, never dreaming one day, she would be published. While loving all genres of books, Lea writes contemporary romance stories that are not your everyday love stories. Gritty and true to life, she draws from her life and loves to create her characters. 
Leaona's debut novel will release June 7, 2016. Cherry Grove is the first in The Cove Series. She’s your everyday girl and lives to connect with her fans via social media. Leaona also doesn't mind dishing about her favorite authors and their books. Beach, life, and love.






Check out the Giveaway on the Authors Page




HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment