Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Lost One

Title: The Lost One
Series: Lost Series #1
Author: Liz Lovelock
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

AMAZON US

“Absolutely brilliant. Highly recommend it.” - Philomena
“With an ending that will leave you panting for more, this is one novel you need to pick and read today.” - Books and Boys Book Blog
“That ending......OH MMMM GEEEE!!!!! I was so excited yet hollllyy crap my jaw was dropping to the floor!!! I can't get book 2 in my hands soon enough!!!” - Goodreads Reviewer
My name is Melodi White, I had a dream once like every other girl does. Then one day, my dream was torn to shreds, by my sister’s evil boyfriend, Jacob. It’s been three years since she was ripped from my life. She wasn’t just any sister; no, she was my twin, my best friend.
Deciding to follow our childhood dream of moving to New York, I head for a life of adventure and fun. A night on the town and I find myself wrapped in the arms of one gorgeous, drop-dead-sexy man, Corban. He has literally swept me off my feet, taken my breath away with a single kiss and left me wanting more, a feeling completely alien to me.
Corban Andrews, CEO of Case Construction, rich, sexy and ravishing is set to make my world come undone. I allow myself to put my trust in him, but will his rules and my trust issues let us explore what we could have together? It’s either that or am I at risk of staying lost and alone.
When a blast from my past reappears, I know I may be pushed so far down the rabbit hole, Corban and I just may not survive. It all comes down to survival and choices. I have no idea which I will choose.
**Please Note** This is Book 1 in a 2 book series.
I close my eyes briefly, rubbing them, and sighing a little too loud. His cologne surrounds my senses, making him more tempting by the minute. I open my eyes and he is mere inches away, causing my breath to hitch and quicken. My heart rate spikes. It’s a good thing I’m not strapped to a heart monitor; that would be embarrassing.
I look up into his blazing blue eyes. He smiles, causing them to brighten. I want to kiss him and before I can stop myself, I give into my urge. Leaning forward and crashing my lips to his, I take him completely by surprise. My nerves are shot and shattered with the touch; my lips burn as he responds. He gently kisses me, erupting my insides like a volcano spurting out lava. His kiss and touch burns, leaving his traces on my skin.

Our kiss deepens, which arouses every part of my body. I want to touch and memorise every inch of him. I run my hands through his hair, pulling him toward me. I need him closer like a person needs air. I need him.

His hand comes up, cupping my cheek. He slowly pulls away from me. Our foreheads rest against each other’s. our breathing is erratic and my body feels as though an electric current is coursing through it. I want more of him, to taste his kisses and more. The thought excites me.

“Melodi,” he breathes, lifting my face to look at him. His eyes flame with desire. “As much as I want to devour every inch of you, I can’t.” I’m crushed; my heart stops for a second, thinking over his words. Perhaps he came here to end it, or whatever it is this was. I don’t think it was categorized as anything except a fling.

Yep, I knew I shouldn’t have fallen for this gorgeous man. He is going to break me. I’ve spent my life building up these walls so I don’t get hurt. I was happy to be alone, and then along comes Corban turning my world upside down with his sexy blue eyes, confidence, caring, and, well, his muscular, damn fine body.
Liz is from bright sunny Queensland, Australia. She has always been a reader. When she was little she would be up late reading Garfield and Asterix comic books and also Footrot Flats. When she hit high school she read Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden and from there her love of books continued to grow. She always has a book to read beside her bed along with a note book for when inspiration hits at those crazy hours. She is a stationary addict and a one click addict. She loves everything books, authors and of course loves chocolate and lollies to keep her going.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment