Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sweet Sunshine by Jessica Prince


Title: Sweet Sunshine
Series: Pembrooke Series (Book 1)
Author: Jessica Prince
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Comedy
Release Date: May 29



She’s a romantic at heart.
Chloe Delaney had three very specific wishes, growing up. She wished to stay settled in the small mountain town of Pembrooke, where she grew up, to one day be her own boss, and to fall in love with a man who would be willing to go to the ends of the earth for her. With her roots firmly planted in Pembrooke’s soil and her bakery, Sinful Sweets, thriving, two of her wishes have already come true. When a handsome single father moves to town, she’s certain she’s found the man to fill the role of wish number three.
The only problem is, you can’t force a frog to turn into a prince.
He isn’t the Prince Charming type.
When Derrick Anderson moved from Jackson Hole to the small town of Pembrooke, he did it determined to wipe the slate clean. After eight years spent trapped in a miserable marriage, he’s made a vow to never take the plunge again. He wants to be untethered, not tangled up in the strings that come with a committed relationship. He has his daughter, his career, and an ex-wife hell bent on making his life unbearable. His plate is already full.
The only problem is, he didn’t have a plan in place to protect his heart from her.
Neither of them were prepared for the course their lives would take. But once a rollercoaster begins to move, you can’t just climb off, now can you?
The only thing they can do is strap in, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride.
***This is Book 1 in the Pembrooke series, a spin-off of Wildflower***
FREE on Kindle Unlimited!


“Look,” I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to form a rational sentence. “What I’m saying is…” then I was struck by pure brilliance, “…I should screen every single likely candidate so I can run a full background check for any felonies or Class A misdemeanors.”
Ignoring my perfectly reasonable suggestion, Chloe spoke up, “And the next time you want to pick up a woman at the Moose and take her home for a roll in the hay, I’ll expect you to call me first so I can come down and administer a blood test, you know,” she smiled sweetly, even though I could see the evil behind it, “for safety reasons.”
“That’s not the same thing,” I argued.
“Oh, I’ve got to hear this,” Harlow laughed. “And why, exactly, is it different for you than it is for Chloe?”
“Because I’m a man,” I answered instantly, regretting the words that came out of my mouth as soon as they passed my lips. “Wait! No — that’s not what I meant to say. What I meant is — I’m bigger. I’ve got more muscles. I can defend myself if need be.”
“I’ll have you know, I’ve been taking weekly self-defense classes for the past four years. I’m more than capable of defending myself.”
And because I was clearly on a roll with all the stupid, I laughed. “Pfft, not likely. You’re a pixie for Christ’s sake.”
I barely got the last word out when I was suddenly choking on my own tongue, unable to take a proper breath as the kitchen floor came at my face at a startling pace only to be stopped by the force of something slamming into my chest, deflating both my lungs and sending me careening backward.
I gasped for air as I writhed on the floor in pain. “What—” I wheezed. “What just—” I sucked in a breath, getting nowhere near enough oxygen in my collapsed lungs, “happened?”
“You just got your ass handed to you by a girl!” Noah hooted before collapsing in a fit of uncontrollable laughter. “Oh God! You should have…” he stopped to wipe a tear from his eye, “…you should have seen your face! Classic! That was classic! Chloe, do it again so I can record it this time.”
As I lay on the kitchen floor, dying, I cursed Noah Murphy. I had no friends.


FREE on Kindle Unlimited!


Born and raised around Houston Texas, Jessica spent most of her life complaining about the heat, humidity, and all around pain in the ass weather. It was only as an adult that she quickly realized the cost of living in Houston made up for not being able to breathe when she stepped outside. That’s why God created central air, after all.
Jessica is the mother of a perfect little boy–she refuses to accept that he inherited her attitude and sarcastic nature no matter what her husband says.
In addition to being a wife and mom, she’s also a wino, a coffee addict, and an avid lover of all types of books–romances still being her all time favs. Her husband likes to claim that reading is her obsession but she just says it’s a passion…there’s a difference. Not that she’d expect a boy to understand.
Jessica has been writing since she was a little girl, but thankfully grew out of drawing her own pictures for her stories before ever publishing her first book. Because an artist she is not.
Sign up for Jessica’s Newsletter
Enter to win a $25 Amazon!




No comments:

Post a Comment