Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2019

Letting You Go Release Event
















I met Luna Marshall when I was seventeen.
She was a force of nature that I wasn’t ready for.
She was gravity and I was caught in her pull—
Powerless while she held me in a world I was desperate to escape.

They say you never forget your first love.
I believe they’re right.
I’ll always remember the sound of her laughter.
The way she whispered my name when I touched her, and the taste of her on my lips.
I’ll remember everything.

Including the look of pain as I walked away.



“I’ve known your name since the day you walked down the hall and smiled at me, Luna. You were a freshman and so damn pretty you got my attention right away. I’ve watched you every day of every year since then. You have to know that.”

“I do,” she says, her voice dropping down into a near whisper. “But, you never spoke to me. I thought maybe…”
“Maybe what?” I ask her when she doesn’t finish.
“I thought maybe I was imagining it because I wanted it so much. I wanted you to like me.”
“You shouldn’t.”
“What?” she asks, confused.
I turn to her and she’s looking at me. In the moonlight, I can see the way her forehead crinkles with uncertainty and I think it’s cute, even if I shouldn’t. Then again, I think everything about Luna Marshall is cute.
“We don’t fit,” I repeat.
“You said that before, but I don’t understand.”
“You’re uptown, Luna. You live in a big house on a hill with a picket fence and a three-car garage.”
“So?”
“So, I live in a house that could probably fit in your garage. My dad walks to work because he had his license revoked for driving drunk. He comes home and drinks the night away. You eat dinner with your parents every night. Atticus and I fix a peanut butter or bologna sandwich because that’s what we buy from the jobs we go to after school.”
“That doesn’t matter to me.”
“It wouldn’t because you have no idea what it’s like to live the life I do. But, I know the real world, Luna and your kind and mine don’t match.”
“I think we match,” she says shyly, ignoring my warnings. She even manages to get brave and slides her hand back in mine. I want to pull away. Instead, I thread my fingers through hers.
“Your parents won’t. If you ever try to bring me to that fancy house on the hill, you’ll see.”
“I guess we’ll just have to see what happens, won’t we?” she asks.
I swallow down the unease that rises up inside of me when she smiles, her face is full of happiness that shines bright, despite the darkness. I don’t understand what just happened. She should be running the other way. Instead….

It feels like she just claimed me. 






A QUIRKY WRITER GOING WHERE THE VOICES TAKE HER.
USA Today Best Selling Author Jordan Marie, is just a simple small town country girl who is haunted by Alpha Men who talk in her head 24 hours a day.

She currently has 14 books out including 2 that she wrote under the pen name Baylee Rose.

She likes to create a book that takes you on an emotional journey whether tears, laughter (or both) or just steamy hot fun (or all 3). She loves to connect with readers and interacting with them through social media, signings or even old fashioned email.








No comments:

Post a Comment