Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Unpredictable (Key West #1) by C.A. Harms


Title: Unpredictable
Series: Key West Series #1
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 14, 2015

Have you ever wished for a moment that you could pretend to live the life of someone else? Escape the harsh reality that your own is anything but perfect?

Quinn had always been forced to put her own needs last. With an absent father and a mother who drowns herself daily in a bottle of Rum, there was no other option.

Jett was the distraction she needed, even if it was just for one night. A void filler, a chance for a freeing moment to allow herself to feel something other than emptiness.

He wasn’t what she expected…

Gentle

Her life didn’t have room for a man like Jett.

Unpredictable

But now it was too late, there was no turning back.

Desire

Nothing would ever be the same.







“Have I told you how perfect you are?” Quinn asked as she backed her way into my kitchen. I tossed my keys onto the counter and stalked toward her.

I shook my head, staring directly at her. “Well, you are,” she replied. “The way you were with my mom, I’m pretty sure she has a crush on you.” 

I chuckled as I reached out for her and gripped her hips. I backed her up against the counter and pinned her with my body. “Have I told you how sexy you are?” I asked. She shook her head, mocking my earlier response. “Do you wanna go swimming?” I whispered as I kissed along her neck.

“I don’t have a suit,” she replied breathlessly.

Smiling against her neck, I nipped at her ear.

“With what I have in mind, you don’t need one,” I assured her. “It would just get in my way.”

“Really?” she taunted. “What exactly do you have strolling through that mind of yours?”

I could tell by the way her breathing had sped up and her body sagged against mine that she was turned on.

“I was thinking we could slip into the hot tub.” I flicked my tongue along her collarbone. A soft whimper fell from her lips, making my dick twitch in response. 

“Where I could slowly and very diligently kiss and devour you.” Another moan as her held fell back, opening her neck to my assault. Sucking along the exposed skin, I kissed her jawline.

“Then when I have you at the point where you feel like you might burst from the need for me, I’ll bury myself inside your warm body. How’s that sound?” I asked.

“You had me at hot tub,” she panted.






Yeah, Shay was a good-looking girl. She was at one time someone I lusted after, but now things were different. She was recently divorced from some hotshot attorney. Now the rumor was she was looking for an easy ride and some sorry bastard to take care of her.

“I’m better now. You wanna go get a beer and catch up?” she asked.

The desire in her eyes made my stomach drop. There was no way we would be going down that road again. 

Just then I saw movement over her shoulder and a flicker of red. Looking past Shay, I spotted the brunette from earlier. Seeing her as my way out, I went with it. 

“Actually I can’t, sorry. My girl’s waiting on me.” I stepped around her. “Good seeing ya, though.”

Shay started to argue, but I ignored her whine. 

My eyes locked on the brunette in red, and I silently pleaded to her with my eyes. I prayed she would go along with it, even if only long enough for me to escape. 

She watched me approach, an eyebrow arched in question. She squinted, causing her nose to crinkle, and I fought against the laughter as I stepped up to her. 

“Listen, I know you have no idea who I am, but please just go along with what I’m about to do.” I was pretty much begging her to help me escape the vulture that was waiting to attack me at my weakest moment.

“I’m not sure. What is it exactly you plan to do?” she asked.

I brought my body up against hers and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, hugging her close. With her face tucked in against my neck, I whispered in her ear. “Nothing more than put on a show. I promise this is all I have planned. Well, besides maybe walking away together until she can no longer see us.”

“Your ex?” she questioned.

“No, just someone from my past. A night I never want to repeat,” I whispered back.

I still stood with my arms wrapped around this girl, a girl who for some reason didn’t make me want to run in the opposite direction. She had the sweetest scent. I held her tiny body tucked securely against mine. It felt comfortable.

“Are you planning on holding me hostage all night, hugging me?” I chuckled at her comment. The thing was, she never tried to pull away. Instead, she hugged me back, like the closeness was something she needed, her fingers trailing along my waist, then linking together behind me.

“Well, that depends. Do you want to be my hostage?” She lifted her head, looking up into my eyes. The biggest brown eyes I had ever seen boring into mine made my heart rate pick up just a little more.

“Something tells me I would enjoy being a hostage in your hands.” Her voice was almost like a soft purr, long lashes fluttering as her cheeks reddened. “I can’t believe I just said that, sorry.”

“Don’t apologize. I actually like your honesty.” We continued to study each other, waiting for the next move. I know what was running through my mind, but I was sure I would only get slapped if I acted on those thoughts.

I enjoy happy endings in my love stories. Loving those scenes that give it the needed angst and heat to keep you hooked and wanting more. Just enough drama to make her heart race and your stomach flutter. I haven't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently I have taken on a new liking and now I am addicted to Romance Novel.

I am a Limitless Publishing Author and love sharing my stories with my great fans. Feedback is great and I really enjoy interacting with my readers.

I live in Illinois and enjoy spending time with my husband and two children. 
You will always find me with my kindle or paperback in hand as it is my favorite pass time.
And I never leave home without a small notebook. You never know when an idea for a new story will strike.








HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment